Ted I've been wondering why I have had problems and you don't.

I'm also behind a router and the windows computer also has
the ZoneAlarm firewall
but that has not seemed to stop the DOS attacks.
It's not a D-Link (Ugate 3000) but I've looked at the D-link and others
and they are all pretty much the same.

I'm experimenting with a new system that may eliminate the
"unwanted connections from various unknown urls".
It's a Linux system with a very cool program called Win4Lin
which allows you to actually _install_  Windows 98 so that it and windows
programs are actually running under Linux - but they don't really know it.

The best thing is that Windows then uses the networking facilities of Linux
including a special "stateful" firewall that only allows connections to come in
from the Internet if "related" to something I have initiated.
This may stop all the DOS type interference because they are all initiated
from the outside and should not be permitted through the firewall.

It's running now and I should know in a day or so.
My goal is to end up with a Telnet connection for spots that runs for weeks at
a time!

73, Larry N2LA