At 02:47 PM 11/5/02 +0000, on4kj wrote:
>Some one told me providers do change for some internal raison the IP you are
>indentified with. If you move, without leaving your new adres at the post
>office............. thats why ELVIS sang " return to sender ........"
>Someone  can confirm this conclusion ?

In my layman's view.... In the US, the cheap internet connections,
including broadband ones such as cable internet, frequently use
dynamically-assigned IP addresses that are "leased" to the user for a set
period.  In my case, though, it appears that I keep the same IP address and
it is automatically renewed, as long as I'm not logged off when the lease
expires.  Then all bets are off.  Also, my cable ISP does not allow me to
maintain a server on my machine anyway.

I know of one case, at least, where the cost for the identical
non-broadband connection speed, but with a fixed IP address, was quoted at
something like 3x greater.

73, Pete N4ZR
Sometimes a tower is just a tower