From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Jim Reisert AD1C
Sent: Saturday, April 17, 2004 9:47 PM
To: Dx4win@mailman.qth.net
Subject: Re: [Dx4win] County designators

At 12:46 PM 4/17/2004, Rick Graham wrote:

>It would be nice to have the 4 letter designations automatically go to the
>correct county for the state. Example, I'm working the MI QSO party, and
>they are giving their counties as a four letter combination (LENA, LAPE,
>etc.) I have to type that in and then scroll down on the list to find the
>appropriate county.

Rick, what I do is use the F1 key in the county field.  This brings up the
list of counties.  Start typing what the other station sends, and let the
window be your guide.  This only fails when counties have strange
abbreviations, like SLC for "Saint Louis [County]" and "STL" for "Saint
Louis City" (recent MO QSO Party county abbreviations).

Print out the contest rules, keep them nearby for these "special" cases.

USA +978-251-9933, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, http://www.ad1c.com
PGP Fingerprint: D8E2 3D78 339F A7F1 8C13  1193 B5D1 4FB6 79D1 70DC