-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of John Fleming
Sent: 05 June 2004 14:26
To: dx4win@mailman.qth.net
Subject: [Dx4win] Tony? Tom?

I just got the message below after responding to a DX4WIN post.  I
thought I
was responding to Tony Lord (G8DQZ), but this is supposedly from Tom
Rose.

I'm pretty familiar with spam techniques, but don't quite understand
this
one.  I would just caution anyone against using "whitelists".  Spammers
can
easily fake the SENDER's address and thereby bypass whitelists.

Most people don't appreciate receiving mail like the one below.  Sri
bandwidth...  73 - John, WA9ALS