At 05:54 PM 5/23/2004, David Tilley wrote:

>Now you know why I'm still on 5.03, and plan to stay there.  From what
>I've seen on this list, upgrading does little more than cause problems.
>No thank you.

Several points --

the guys who write and support this software do so as a sideline.  If they
were trying to support themselves from it, the cost would be have to be far
more, or it would not exist.  I'm also aware that over the last few days,
there have been frequent power outages in the area where Steve
lives.  There was also a fussy detail called the Dayton Hamvention, which
had the full-time attention of both Paul and Steve.  Try being a little
flexible.

Paul has done a lot of work to make the licensing and upgrade aspects of
DX4Win as simple and trouble-free as possible.  Add to that the hundreds of
volunteer hours that AD1C has put into refining the country file, and I
don't think there's much excuse for people who have horrible difficulty
upgrading, unless it's simply an absence of RTFM.

DX4Win 6.03 is a modest improvement on 6.02, from my perspective, but it
also doesn't cost anything for users of Version 6.  If it doesn't add
things you need or want, don't upgrade.  For users of Version 5 the
improvements are more substantial; take a look at the web site and see if
you want them, and if you qualify for a free upgrade or not.  The upgrade
policy is very liberal, in my opinion.

73, Pete N4ZR
The World HF Contest Station Database
was updated on April 26, 2004