Sure, that's a fair comment.  But screen real estate is valuable, especially
in a multi-window user interface like DX4Win uses.  I run at 1600x1200 on a
20" LCD, but I'm a software developer so am a bit odd...  ;-)

Seriously, I like having my Reports window stretched out.  Ditto my spot
window.  Plus I have 8 or 9 other small windows open.  Makes for a nice
logging "experience".  Can't see how that could be done at 640x480.  :)

Why not make these characters user configurable?  Easy.  Just takes time and
testing.  Provide a "default" button to stop the insanity and return to the
recommended values when the user is tired of customizing.

It's so easy to make user interface suggestions.  I was a UI designer for
nearly 10 years, so I have some appreciation for being on the other side of
the compiler.

73
Kevin K7VI