(Sorry if this shows up twice, I accidentally sent it from the mail address
that's not subscribed to the list and I believe it will bounce).

I think there are 2 ways to do this: If you set the RST Received field to
Zero, that will mark the QSO as invalid for any award. You can also change
the "ValidDX" (all the way at the bottom of the QSO entry screen; you might
need to press F5 a couple of times to see it) to "Invalid" and it won't
"count" anymore either.