You know , I chase DX, DXCC-8 bands/Honor Roll CW, and have never been led
wrong by the go-list.... Really that is all that I use.

Rod WC7N

----- Original Message -----
From: "Wendell Wyly - W5FL" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "'Alan Zack'" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; "'Jim Reisert AD1C'"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: "'dx4win reflector'" <dx4win@mailman.qth.net>
Sent: Tuesday, June 14, 2005 4:14 PM
Subject: [Dx4win] QSL Managers

> It would be a real benefit to have more than one qsl manager shown.  1)
> The
> one that came with DX4WIN 2) The one that came from the GO list 3) The one
> that the DX station gave me and I entered 4) The one that was there when I
> sent the qsl card. Preserved forever in the notes for this QSO.  Since
> that
> is probably unreasonable, a different color for the source of the manager
> would be almost as helpful.
>
> The cost of qsling is so high that anything that would help this situation
> would be a worthwhile addition to DX4WIN.  My work around has always been
> try to put the actual station callsign in the notes for this qso, so it
> does
> not change from time to time.

From [EMAIL PROTECTED]  Wed Jun 15 17:11:02 2005
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Alan Zack)
Date: Wed Jun 15 17:11:27 2005

Yes, the GOLIST is my primary QSL database (In the F3 box I hit return
on the DX call, that takes me to QRZ.com.  I check QRZ.COM for any QSL
info, the DX'ers own web site, etc.).  My F3 box also gives me GOLIST
QSL MGR data.  What ever DX MGR info I get from the GOLIST or QRZ.COM
goes into the QSL MGR box for the log entry for that station and I
print a label.  But when you update from one version to another, or
download a new COUNTRY list, all the QSL MGR info you gathered and
entered is written over.  I want to be able to update the Country
prefix files WITHOUT wiping out the QSL MGR data I manually entered,
but when you update a Country file it downloads the DX4WIN QSL MGR
data base over what you have manually entered yourself over the years.
73