At 02:14 PM 4/22/2007, Kjell W. Strom wrote:

>It looks like you are dealing with people who have not
>understood the purpose of a callsign. 14 characters is almost a
>complete pile-up QSO on CW.

Hi Kjell,

The longest typical callsign is something like this:

         HB0/DL1ABO/P

which is 12 characters.

However, these calls were active in 2004:

         J42004/OE3MZC
         J42004/PA2JWN
         J42004/SP5MXZ

These cause problems in DX4WIN because the program truncates them to:

         J42004/OE3MZ
         J42004/PA2JW
         J42004/SP5MX

If you were to enter those calls in DX4WIN, instead of Greece, it
would say Austria, Netherlands and Poland, respectively.  I had to
add callsign exceptions to fix them.

USA +978-251-9933, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, http://www.ad1c.us