Why not filter the announcements at the cluster.

I have set one of the packet window F-keys to reject all announcements:

reject/announce%M

and another one to reject all but announcements originating from OH:

acc/announce by dxcc_oh%M

Works OK but doesn't help with the chat using fake spots.

73 Erkki OH2BF