I've had a Pro-II connected to DX4WIN for years and have never had a problem.

Make sure that you have "CI-V Transceive" set to "OFF" on the "Others
Set" menu, because that can cause issues.

I personally have my rig set to a baud rate of 19200 and the CI-V
address set to 64h, and of course the settings match in DX4WIN.