Are you sure you're talking about DX4WIN and not some other program, like Writelog? The RTTY window in DX4WIN has nothing to do with packet.

The RTTY window layout *may* resemble the packet window, but the RTTY window says "RTTY" at the top, and the Packet Window says "Packet Window" at the top.

If you can send me some screen captures, I might be able to understand what you think you see.

73 - Jim AD1C