To: <dx4win@mailman.qth.net>
Sent: Saturday, November 15, 2008 10:28 PM
Subject: [Dx4win] CW build or buy

Hi. Thanks for reading.
I have been using DX4 for years with a printer cable interface. Now, I have only a notebook and 3 USB ports. On DX4 help file there is information how to build a DB25 cable and/or DB9 transformation. The draw diagram shows pins 20 DTR and 7 GND. Above there is a table with: DTR pin 20, RTS pin 7 and GND pin 4 (not 7).... What is the right? And how about DB9 my mainly focus.. The information on the table is ok?

pin 4 DTR - pin 5 RTS and pin 7 GND

There is a seller that can buy an industrial or made home DB9 cable, please? Maybe other solution like Winkey - or similar - will be more useful.

I have DX4Win 7.05 installed on Acer Travelmate 6292 - XP SP3. I wil use it only for CW. I bought a USB to RS232 converter and it works with others applications.

Many thanks in advanced and all ideas are welcome. Please help me to chose a good solution.

73, from Mac PT2CC
Confira vídeos com notícias do NY Times, gols direto do Lance, videocassetadas e muito mais no MSN Video!
http://video.msn.com/?mkt=pt-br