Hello Paul, and the fellows...

> I accidentally mis-associated the extension of the DX4Win DXL files
> somehow (don't know how but some late night befoogle I guess) and I
> cannot get the <filename>.DXL to be directly associated again with
> DX4WIN.

You may right-click on the .dxl file, then select "Open with" (if this is
one of the options), and then, if the DX4WIN is not among the programs
which can open the file, select "Browse" and navigate to where DX4WIN is
installed.  Select dx4win.exe and click on "Always open with this program".

I use Windows XP in Spanish, and I am not sure about its English dialogues.

This is the easy method, but if you don't get the "Open with" option when
right-clicking, then the procedure is a bit more complex... Please ask for
help from a local friend (sri).

I hope this will be useful...

73 de Isidro, EA8NQ
E-mail:  ea8...@hotmail.com   (remove the _ )