On Wed, Jun 24, 2009 at 3:28 PM, Dave Sharred<g3...@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> 1) - Are the new logging fields part of the ADIF spec; or stripped out for
> exports ?   I've no worry either way

DX4WIN imports and exports the new fields (LoTW, eQSL, Satellite,
Frequency, Name, QTH, IOTA Island, etc.) to ADIF.

> 2) - I still find logging onto clusters a bit of a drag. Could we look
> forward to fields that can be preloaded with your favourite cluster node;
> that you can enter your log ins and passwords automatically (Check out the
> WT Telnet window, for example). With auto-reconnects etc? !  I still
> maintain that this should be configurable; once set up all I should do is
> call up DX4Win; and everything else is automatic !

I don't think that Paul's going to make any changes in this area.  For
a long time, I have been connecting via the VE7CC "Cluster User"
program.  Once that's connected to the cluster node, I have "LOCAL" at
the top of my DX4WIN.TCP list, so three ENTERS in the DX4WIN Packet
window and I'm connected!  VE7CC has code for retry-on-disconnect,
etc.  See:

    http://dx4win.ad1c.us/cluster/index.htm#VE7CC

Jim Reisert AD1C/Ø, <jjreis...@alum.mit.edu>, http://www.ad1c.us