On Fri, Aug 28, 2009 at 9:39 AM, Andy Hewitt<andyphew...@btopenworld.com> wrote:

> I knew you would have the SOLUTION! That worked FB! I put a date in of
> 01-01-2009 and actually got 103 confirmations from qsos, I suppose that had
> been confirmed after subsequent downloads. I suppose this is an exercise
> that one should do from time to time as I have also myself been adding
> really old qsos from my paper log to DX4Win and uploading those from time to
> time. The stations I worked obviously would not get those if they did not go
> back a while occasionally when doing downloads.

I'm glad it worked for you Andy.

One has to keep in mind that when you download from LoTW, you get only
the new confirmations since the last time you downloaded (if you pick,
the default starting date).  This has nothing to do with the date of
the QSO, but rather the date when the man behind the curtain matches
up the QSO data on both sides.  If I download on 12 August, the next
time I download, LoTW will automatically START with QSOs that have
been confirmed starting on 12 August, no earlier.  So the downloads
are incremental.  You can always change the download start date to
something earlier if you want to get a more complete report.  I always
name the lotwreport.adi file with the date I downloaded it (i.e.
lotwreport_2009-08-12.adi).

Jim Reisert AD1C, <jjreis...@alum.mit.edu>, http://www.ad1c.us