On 12/12/2009 6:12 AM, george wrote:

> I upgraded my computer from XO to Vista and now version 8.02 is having
> issues with reading the .TCP file in the associated "SAVE" folder.
>
> When I look at the file with notebook I see the "keep alive |3" at the end
> of a entry. When I click on the "packet window"  in DX4WIN the entries do
> not contain the "|3" that I put there???
>
> I have reverted to version 8.01 and it reads the .TCP file in it's "save"
> folder just fine.

Those sound like file permission problems.  Don't install DX4W80x in the
Program Files (x86) directory, install them as suggested at the root of
the drive, ie. C:\dx4w802

> Also, why all of a sudden did an "L" show up for my latest contact with
> EY7AF in the "listings", and "other contacts" window?

Did you merge your preferences (INI file) from the old version to the
new version?  Check the QSO tab of the Preferences, it sounds like you
have "Label" checked in the Label/Upl Flag box.

Jim Reisert AD1C, <jjreis...@alum.mit.edu>, http://www.ad1c.us