Perhaps all having this issue could report EXACT details about OS
hardware and drivers being used as well as version numbers if possible.
Even information about the MB and BIOS might help find a common thread.
It's one of those times where pedantic detail is called for. I have
tried it on 2 computers with 2 OS's without issue. I have others if I
knew what we are looking for.

BTW, just for general interest, this is why most commercial enterprises
try to standardize their computer assets as much as possible. Tracking
down hardware dependent issues can be time consuming!