On Sun, Sep 19, 2010 at 7:49 PM, Art - W6KY <w...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Is there a check box that I am missing that allows DX4WIN to
> import dupes???  I am trying to import a state QSO party where
> mobile stations sit on county lines. You might have 10 QSO's
> with the same station/same band/same mode, but different
> counties.
> DX4WIN basically blows up on importing an ADIF file that has
> dupes. This is not good. I saw this in the past but thought it
> had been fixed.
> In some contest (Sprints) it is recommended to work dupes as
> they will count as zero anyway. The time it takes to explain to
> someone where you worked them and what time can loose
> you the contest...
> Tnx es 73, Art  W6KY
> DX4WIN  Ver 8.01

Hi Art,

You want this program:

    http://software.ad1c.us/ADIF_County/

This will fill in the ADIF "CNTY" fields from the contest exchange.
If two QSOs are close in time, but have different counties, DX4WIN
will *not* think they are dupes.  Your ADIF file probably doesn't have
CNTY fields in it, instead it probably has some sort of
contest-software-specific field name for the received county
abbreviation.

Or try this program if the particular state QSO party is supported:

    http://dx4win.ad1c.us/adif2dxq/

The latter is actually a better option.  If the QSO party is NOT
supported, send me the ADIF file and I'll add it.

73 - Jim AD1C

p.s. 8.04 is *really* the version you want to be using!  :-)

--
Jim Reisert AD1C, <jjreis...@alum.mit.edu>, http://www.ad1c.us