On Thu, Oct 14, 2010 at 12:22 PM, Jim Reisert AD1C
<jjreis...@alum.mit.edu>wrote:

> On Thu, Oct 14, 2010 at 8:03 AM, Rick Murphy <k...@arrl.net> wrote:
>
> > I use VE7CC to manage my cluster connection; that stays working, but
> DX4WIN
> > keeps disconnecting eventually.
> > This seems to be a new bug in the current version of DX4WIN.
>
> I have both a direct as well as a wireless connection to the VE7CC
> software, and I never lose my connection from DX4WIN, and haven't for
> years, in any version.

I see that my use of VE7CC is ambiguous.

I use VE7CC's "CC User" program on my Windows XP system to connect over the
Internet to the W3LPL node. That connection is not what's breaking.

I connect from DX4WIN to the loopback (127.0.0.1: 7300) that's the
connection that's being dropped. Since there's no indication why this is
happening, it could be a bug in CC User as well. I was under the impression
that the VE7CC CC User program was what was disconnecting. If it's happening
to others not using CC User then perhaps the finger is pointing back?

I'll probably have to set up something to sniff the connection so I can
figure out what end (CC User or DX4WIN) is causing the disconnect.
73,
     -Rick
--
Rick Murphy, CISSP-ISSAP, K1MU/4, Annandale VA USA