I've been working on computer control for the TS-570S and have it going for
N1MM, FLDigi, and HRD but I'm missing something for DX4WIN.

The CTRL indication appears on the Kenwood front panel screen for 10 seconds,
then disappears and I get an error message:
Radio timed out
Radio interface has been disabled

Here is the setup:
DX4WIN 8.04
User Level set to advanced

Compaq Presario 1500 laptop
Using a Radio Shack Gigaware Serial to USB converter assigned to COM10
Windows XP, SP3
Transceiver: Kenwood TS-570S

Preferences:
Radio:
Kenwood 570S
Address 00 Default checked
Baud Rate 9600 Default checked
RTS checked
Kenwood without S meter (However, 570 does have an S meter )
COM port 10
Poll rate (ms) 500 (5000 does not work either)
Max Tries 6
Transverter offset 0
Bands None

Kenwood Transceiver  Menu:
32 Off
33 2
34 6
35 96-1
36 on
37 on

If someone is running a similar combination, could you compare your settings
and
see what I've missed?
Thanks,

Bill, W4WNT