From: dx4win-boun...@mailman.qth.net [mailto:dx4win-boun...@mailman.qth.net]
On Behalf Of Dave Perry
Sent: Sunday, February 27, 2011 7:32 PM
To: DX4WIN Reflector
Subject: [Dx4win] Printing QSLs with LaserJet printer

My Dymo label printer recently went on the blink, so I am experimenting with
printing cards directly from my HP LaserJet 2035n printer.  I am wondering
if anyone has had any success printing cards with a LaserJet.  I am finding
that the printed text is not adhering to the card and tends to flake off.  I
have two types of QSL cards -- one glossy finish and the other a more normal
card stock type finish.  Both seem to have the same problem.  I can print
the QSL on to regular copy paper and the text adheres just fine.  So I am
thinking it has something to do with the thickness of the card stock that
does not allow the card to roll through the printer evenly enough to get a
good heat seal on the toner.

I may have to revert to printing out sheets of labels in the LaserJet.  BTW,
I have noticed that the labels that I printed from the Dymo Label printer
tend to fade over several years time.  Thus, I do not want to go back to the
Dymo printer.  I need to find something that printers more permanently.  I
was hoping the my LaserJet might do that directly on the card stock.  But so
far no luck.  Any help would be appreciated.

Dave Perry, N4QS