Steve,
Wow! I had the same problem when I switched to DX4WIN in January. The Freeware
software dumped the oldest QSO when I made a new entry. Thanks to LoTW I was
able to recover the whole thing.

First start with a new log file and then import all those LoTW files into it.
After you are satisfied it is OK, make a backup of your main log and put it in
a safe place just in case.

Now import the log you created from the LoTW log. Choose to ignore duplicate
QSOs.

This is what I did and everything was recovered.

73
AD6ZJ, Loren