On Thu, Mar 31, 2011 at 8:41 PM, Steve K7AWB <k7awbg...@gmail.com> wrote:

> A friend has his DX4WIN log which may be missing several thousand QSOs due to
> an error in a previous competitive program (made before the transfer to
> DX4WIN as the new main logging program now).  I have a special adif download
> from LOTW which may include those missing QSOs.  How can I merge the
> downloaded file into the main log, but prevent duplicates?

File | Import/Export
Select ADIF
File | Import

Navigate to ADIF file to import and select it (OK).  DX4WIN will ask
what to do with duplicate QSOs.  Choose, "Duplicate QSOs are Ignored".
 Then import.

Both "import" and "merge" (from another .DXL file) give you this prompt.

This is all described in the help, Contents | Index then import

--
Jim Reisert AD1C, <jjreis...@alum.mit.edu>, http://www.ad1c.us