In the HELP file it states that LoTW will accept a ADIF and CABRILLO
file. I did not find any prompt about a tq8 file and figured it was
not needed in v1.14.1.

*READ* the help file again!  From the first page of the Introduction:

TQSL accepts QSOs in a log file whose format is either ADIF or
Cabrillo, which many logging applications can export.

That does not say LotW will accept an ADIF or CABRILLO file - it says
that trusted QSL will *sign* an ADIF or CABRILLO file. Trusted QSL
first *converts* any CABRILLO file to an ADIF and then signs the
ADIF by attaching the certificate and station location data then
performing a data integrity step (so that LotW can be sure the data
is not tampered with in the future).

Your ADIF is *not* uploaded directly - it must be processed by tQSL
before LotW will accept it. Period, full stop, end of story.

*READ what the documentation says*, not what you think is says.

73,

   ... Joe, W4TV