From: ALAN ZACK [mailto:k7...@cox.net]
Sent: Thursday, August 01, 2013 15:00
To: 'Jim - N4ST'; 'Dx4win'
Subject: RE: [Dx4win] Wish list

I looked at HRD at the Visalia Intl DX Convention, even got a sample trial
CD. I was looking at a way to use RTTY and digital modes directly from HRD
where you could read what was being sent right within HRD and then send your
reply. But it seems really complicated. He was using 2 monitors full of
info. It would seem the learning curve would be big. When I asked how do you
do a lookup of a station that you have just logged or are presently in QSO
with it seemed like a difficult procedure on HRD whereas with DX4WIN you
just have to have the CALLSIGN/MGR LOOKUP window (F3) open and click on the
guys callsign and it takes you to his QRZ.COM lookup (or Buckmaster if you
have it so programmed). Very simple.

I'm not sure but is HRD both a contesting and a general logging program? I
am now using DX4WIN as my general logger and to track awards (DXCC, IOTA,
WPX) and printing QSL labels and N1MM as my contest logger. Jim has a FB
conversion program to convert a contest ADIF file to a DX4WIN.DXQ file to
import to DX4WIN. I just used it again after last weekend's IOTA contest and
DX4WIN now shows I logged a few new IOTA's.

Alan, K7ACZ