I have been following this thread with a mixture of nostalgia, sympathy, and annoyance. Getting the annoyance out of the way first, I've been appalled by the tone of some of the comments. Anyone who thinks Paul has gotten rich off this thing in its >20 years of existenceis deluding himself. When I wrote ham radio software, back in the 1980's, getting paid for it was something I regarded as a way of "keeping score" - that effort took thousands of hours, reducing my compensation to about 5 cents an hour.

I was the first paying customer for DX4WIN, version 0.94, and am still up to date. I recognize that it is increasingly in need of updating, and there are somethings it won't do that I now need, but it is still a clean and simple to use program. I have tried three times to migrate to DXlab, thinking it would give me more of what I need, and each time I have given up, defeated by its complexity. I am currently working to get comfortablewith Logger32, which does most of the things on my wish-list. I certainly appreciate everything Paul and DX4WIN have done for me over the years, and, who knows, I may be back.

73, Pete N4ZR
Check out the Reverse Beacon Network at
http://reversebeacon.net,
blog at reversebeacon.blogspot.com.