I agree if not for Jim I would be gone - if Paul wants this to continue he best make some changes

73, Bob w8gc
On 8/2/2013 9:44 AM, Lou Dietrich wrote:
All,

My two cents....this is not a matter of making money off DX4WIN. Nobody expects to get rich especially when dealing with us frugal hams.

How many of us would stay with DX4WIN if Jim AD1C didn't provide those valuable adjuncts? I venture to say, I would have walked long ago along with many on this reflector.

1. Is DX4WIN my program of choice? Yes, it is the most stable, easiest to use and demands less of my CPU than the others. Is it the most MS DOS 3.0 looking interface? Yes!

2. Is DX4WIN is dire need of a facelift, Yes! Does it have warts? You bet.

3. Does DX4WIN need improvements. Yes!(LOTW interface, multiple cluster sourcing, new rig files (FT3K ), etc.)

Here's my bottom line- would I recommend DX4WIN to a new user with the current level of support and frequency of updates from the author, no way. Start with DXLabs and go forward.

In my opinion, this is a matter of continuing support of a product. If we want enhancements, we should pay for them but to ignore enhancements, withhold support or walk away for weeks/ months on end from DX4WIN isn't playing right with the users. To continue to sell DX4WIN to new users isn't going to make anyone rich but there is a unwritten contract that goes along with the sale of the software, which is continuing support of the product.

73/ Regards....

Lou N2TU