I've been a DX4WIN user for so long I can't remember when I started, 18+
years ago?  I've looked at the freebee loggers and found it was a waste of
my time to move to another logger.  I've looked at the popular for-profit
loggers and found that most are so bloated that, again, they are a waste of
my time and money.

It all depends on what you want your logger to do.  I want my logger to
track QSOs with a reasonable search capability, to track the major awards
and QSLs, and to produce log files that can be uploaded to other services
like LoTW and ClubLog.  MMTTY built-in is a plus for casual use.  WSJT-X
isn't on my to-do list.  For contesting, I use contest programs
specifically designed for contesting.

If DX4WIN doesn't meet your needs, move on to something that is a better
fit to your needs.  I'm comfortable wearing DX4WIN.  It fits well and I
never have to fight it.

Bert N8NN