From: dx4win-boun...@mailman.qth.net <dx4win-boun...@mailman.qth.net> On
Behalf Of Mark Weiss via DX4WIN
Sent: Thursday, February 4, 2021 7:43 PM
To: dx4win@mailman.qth.net
Subject: [Dx4win] DX4WIN + WSJT-X COM Port Control

I have used DX4WIN for many years.  I use WSJT-X for FT8.

I want both programs to have simultaneous full access to my transceiver
through the one COM port that is used for data transfer and control of the
transceiver.

I have tried many port sharing and port splitting software programs without
success.  The two programs work for a few minutes, but when one of the
programs polls the port, the other program loses connection to the port.

Has anyone found a way to do what I want to accomplish?

I have been advised that Ham Radio Deluxe has the desired capability, but I
don't want to switch from DX4WIN to HRD.

Tnx & 73,

Mark, K6FG