From: dx4win-boun...@mailman.qth.net [mailto:dx4win-boun...@mailman.qth.net]
On Behalf Of David Kozinn, K2DBK
Sent: Friday, February 5, 2021 12:28 PM
To: 'Jim Reisert AD1C' <jjreis...@alum.mit.edu>; 'ON4AOI' <on4...@skynet.be>
Cc: 'DX4WIN Reflector' <dx4win@mailman.qth.net>
Subject: Re: [Dx4win] FW: DX4WIN + WSJT-X COM Port Control

I have a license for Win4Icom and while I haven't completed the setup, using
that plus a piece of software that creates virtual COM ports (like COM0COM)
this should work. Tom has a writeup of exactly what you need to do here:
https://icom.va2fsq.com/third-party-software-and-hardware-integration/

If I get some time over the weekend I'll see if I can set this up, but the
general concept is you use Win4Icom to listen on the "Real" serial port,
then it replicates out to the virtual ports. Then, in DX4WIN and WSJT-X, you
use different ports and everything thinks it's got control of the radio.