From: dx4win-boun...@mailman.qth.net On Behalf Of Jim Reisert AD1C
Sent: Tuesday, March 23, 2021 05:26 PM
To: DX4WIN Reflector <dx4win@mailman.qth.net>
Subject: Re: [Dx4win] DX4WIN.CTY country file Release #21.7 - 23 March
2021

>     https://www.country-files.com/dx4win-cty-21.7-23-march-2021/

This is a pretty big release if you are chasing "Islands on the Air"
(IOTA).  It started as an attempt to add European IOTAs from 2010-2021
that begin with the letter 'P' (only The Netherlands [Holland] PA),
which I did.  I moved on to the calls beginning with 'R', but found
that most of them had already been added to the database.

Something sparked me to revisit all the IOTA associated with Papua New
Guinea, P2.  The upcoming S21DX DXpedition had me reviewing all the
IOTA in Bangladesh.  I also learned that there is a little part of
Market Reef (OJ0) that counts as Sweden, SM for DXCC purposes.  Then I
got a little carried away researching a list of several thousand
callsigns (by date) that my software indicated needed to be reviewed
(that job is far from over).  I honestly do not know how many IOTA
operations were added to the country file this time around, but it was
at least 860 (that's the last number I remember seeing).

********

After the database is released for DX4WIN 9.0x users, if you are an
IOTA chaser, please run the Multiple QSO Operation "Check IOTAs" and
let me know how many mistakes I made.  It's best if you have a QSL to
verify against your log.  My data comes from DX spots which many times
can be incorrect or misleading.

********

I'm already planning to work on the European 'S' callsigns next.  That
includes Sweden (SM), Poland (SP) and Greece (SV).  I may also work on
'T' which is only Iceland (TF), Corsica (TK) and France (TM), of which
many (most) should already be in the database.  It's unlikely I'll get
to the Russian (UA etc.) calls before the next release.

Jim Reisert AD1C, <jjreis...@alum.mit.edu>, https://www.ad1c.us