Correct Joe,
Copy & paste had 115200 baud instead of equal baudrate

Guy

-----Original Message-----
From: dx4win-boun...@mailman.qth.net <dx4win-boun...@mailman.qth.net> On
Behalf Of Joe Subich, W4TV
Sent: Wednesday, April 21, 2021 4:23 PM
To: dx4win@mailman.qth.net
Subject: Re: [Dx4win] Rigfiles, rigfiles and more about rigfiles

On 2021-04-21 9:35 AM, ON4AOI wrote:

> Or you have or buy a microHAM device that creates 2 CAT ports and can
> use one @ 38400 baud for dx4win and the other @ 115200 baud for wsjtx

The two CAT ports for microHAM "keyers" (microHAM USB Device Router) must be
set to the same rate.  The maximum baud rate supported by microHAM is 57,600
bps (TenTec Orion/Orion II/Omni VII).

If one needs waterfall/panadapter data from the transceiver (Icom), use the
transceiver USB connection for waterfall/panadapter and the CI-V connection
for the microHAM keyer (CAT connection).  Details are in the "Transceiver
Settings" section of the Support area at www.microHAM.com.

73,

    ... Joe, W4TV

On 2021-04-21 9:35 AM, ON4AOI wrote:
> Hi All,
>

> Before some start to argue about rigdrivers that doesn't work when you
> use
>
> the USB connection with DX4WIN  is "BULLSHIT"
>
> It works perfect when you use the correct settings.
>
> I have made so many drivers even that I don't own all the rigs.
>
> First of all read this document and follow the procedure:
>

> https://www.kkn.net/~n6tv/N6TV_Dayton_2020_Everything_USB.pdf
>

> Kenwood, Yaesu and Icom (nearly all ways) installs  2 serial ports.
>
> You need to use the correct one for CAT communication check your
> manual how to.
>
> In your Radio setup @ DX4WIN you will see that the max baudrate is
>
> 38400 for Yaesu,
>
> 19200 for Icom, limit by icom
>
> 57600 for Kenwood
>

> Let me assure you that for the data we need 38400 baud is already
overkill.

> So if you use only USB connection set the baudrate for this port also
> on what you see in DX4WIN
>
> Higher want work......
>
> The reason there USB serial ports are set to 115200 is when you use
> the waterfall via there programs
>
> Then you need that speed.
>
> How about wsjt-x you may wonder how to fix that.
>
> Or you have or buy a microHAM device that creates 2 CAT ports and can
> use one @ 38400 baud for dx4win and the other @ 115200 baud for wsjtx
>
> Or you also connect the serial port from the rig (if still available)
> to your computer you can use this one for Dx4win and use the USB for
WSJTX.