Claude Cormier wrote:

> I think that most popular databases offer replication. Will a
> geographic distribution be needed one day??  Not sure.. All will
> depends on how big it becomes...

It will absolutely be necessary.  Don't any of you remember the downtime E-gold had
during the last hurricane?

There are people on this list that rely on E-Gold as a core business.  Downtime is
the equivalent of removing cash from your pockets and freezing your bank account.

I have been around the internet business for over 10 years, I know how unstable and
fragile a single link can be.  The net has built in design for redundancy, it just
needs to be taken advantage of.  I think I am one of the few that runs geographically
disbursed name servers, each under a different TLD. Just because I've been burned by
NSI in the past.

E-Gold is a great system and is having growing pains, I don't intend for a little
downtime to discourage me at this point, but I would like to see a plan on how
downtime is going to be reduced or eliminated.