--- begin forwarded text

Date: Wed, 4 Oct 2000 05:07:45 -0400 (EDT)
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED], LLC <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED];
Subject: Gold-Age Notices

This message is being sent to everyone who placed a credit card order
(whether it was accepted or declined by Authorize.Net) with Gold-Age
between 09/16 and 09/29, in order to address some questions we have received

*   Gold-Age has changed its rates and policies for credit card orders (and
other payment vehicles) effective 10/01/2000. The service charge on orders
placed before this date will not be affected.

*    Many who placed orders over $200 have inquired as to why their e-gold
account is not yet funded.  As per the policy on our website: there is an
additional 7 day hold for CC  orders over $200

*   In order to better serve and protect our clients, Gold-Age has set up
an exclusive Preferred Client website, accessable only by Preferred
Clients. Some of the benefits of being a Preferred Gold-Age Client are
faster service and lower rates. See our website for more info on becoming a
Preferred Client (past clients of Gold-Age that qualify as preferred
clients will receive an E-mail in the next day or two with instructions on
setting up their User ID & Password for access to the Preferred client
pages and order forms),

*   Gold-Age was hit by over 5 million (USD )worth of fraudulent CC orders
over the past week (and we're still investigating more). This significantly
slowed our processing for a while, delaying orders that otherwise would
have been funded 1 or 2 business days ago (this credit card fraud also
almost resulted in the loss of our merchant processing accounts). We
apologize for any inconvenience. We are back on track, with a new and
improved service (baptism by fire!)  and if your order is not subject to an
additional hold it will be funded post-haste. Our new order policies and
internal screening proceedures should make the majority fraudulent orders a
less significant problem.

Thank you for using Gold-Age.

Regards,

Parker E.C. Bradley
President
Gold-Age, LLC

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
www.gold-age.net

--- end forwarded text

--
R. A. Hettinga <mailto: [EMAIL PROTECTED]>