Hey all:

That virus is a beaut.  I just got it on another machine, but
McAfee caught it before any damage.  It attaches itself to
outbound e-messages and when it is opened on another machine,
it  destroys dll and exe files.  My wife's machine got
clobbered.  The attachment came from a co-worker, so she had no
reason to doubt opening it.    I got one from my sister and it
said  "Sorry_about_yesterday.DOC.pif "

Here's some details from another list:

Sounds like it could be an especially nasty bugger called
"W95.MTX"  which is both a virus and worm in one. It's also known
as Win95.Mtx,  W32/MTX@mm, W32/Apology, W32/MTX and I-Worm.MTX.

While I can't find any references to it travelling as
"I-M-Sorry", it  has been spread via attachments (PIF files,
actually) named "I_am_sorry", which is close enough.

It does go after executables, and it can make it impossible to
run  Windows normally.

Symantec has detailed info on dealing with this one:
http://www.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w95.mtx.html

George Matyjewicz,  Chief Executive Officer
Standard Reserve Corp. -- Atlanta, GA
Acct# 120018      Tel: 770-300-3070 Ext 2818
World Wide Currency for the World Wide Web
http://www.standardreserve.com
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]