>At 08:33 AM 12/27/2000 +1100, David Hillary wrote:
>>why doesn't some enterprising person set up a business out-exchannging
>>e-gold directly with online retailers and negotiate discounts with
>>retailers based on a secure and guaranteed prompt payment and the
>>additional business it would bring the retailers?

*wave*

http://www.bananagold.com

unfortunately, Amazon just won't even think about discounting unless
you spend vast amounts of money per year (millions).  (Quite
reasonably, considering they are teetering on the edge of bankruptcy.)

As far as I'm aware, amazon.com is the only realistic online retailer
(are there any others that do serious business?)

Banana gold is really just set up as a charity to promote egold.  It
is unconceivable it could ever recover development costs.

A very complex little robot!

I notice BANANAGOLD is popular with Aussies and New Zealanders
lately!  Rock on!  Enjoy it!