> ... allowing a bunch of con-artists to steal your money, mislead
> you about what their goals are, and then leave you alone and in
> the dark is simply intolerable.

Absolutely.  But what can we do about it.

> I am sure most people on this list were fond admirers of
> the American Pure Trust.

I hope you are not right.  That speaks very poorly of the
people on this list.

> I know nothing about this particular program.  However, anyone who
> is trying to convince you to set up a free offshore bank account,
> without any details about the nature of the account and the program
> is not playing square.

Obviously.

> Furthermore, depending upon how it is set up, the user could get
> into a lot of trouble needlessly.

How can someone get in trouble for falling for a con-game and getting
their money stolen from them?  Granted their intent may well be to
do something illegal; that is what the con-man is appealing to.  But
the dupe is not actually doing anything illegal because the con-man
is just stealing the money.

> Whether you agree with the laws or not, it is just stupid to do
> things that are considered illegal by the law enforcement officers

With this I entirely agree.

> when there are legal ways of doing the same things.  Ways that will
> not get you locked up.

But I with this I disagree.  Probably we have different ideas of
the "things" to be accomplished and certainly with the reliance
that it is prudent to place in the guarantees of governments.

CCS