>At 10:16 PM +1100 2/1/01, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>>>I have decided to take on the Chess project.
>>
>>Magnificent Vince!  Good luck!
>>
>>http://bananagold.com would be happy to add a five gram reward to
>>Jim's reward the first day you can play for gold as Jim described!
>
>Vince and JP, this is awesome news! (The only problem with world-
>wide play is that many of the Russians I've met can wipe me out!). I
>am sure to get lots of enjoyment out of this, as will my brother (who
>also regularly beats me...hmmm.).
>
>I of course volunteer to help Vince implement this fantasy. Those
>of you who know me well know that often my days end with games
>for grams, and back in the early days of the Stats page that spend
>resulting from those games might occasionally push the number of
>e-metal spends in 24 hours from one to (gasp!) two digits.  Times
>change.
>
>The history of computer-programming for chess is interesting, and I
>have VIVID memories of a first encounter with Fidelity Electronics'
>"Chess Challenger" in high school...Let's just say it didn't do much
>for my grades that week...
>
>Anyway, I can't say what a thrill this is, I ask for something and it
>happens because of the talent here! You guys are great, and I'm
>sure this is worth more than 7 (plus 5! Thanks Banana!!) grams. I
>will be very happy the day JP & I get to make those spends.
>JMR

Jim just gave me an incredible idea to increase your profits, Vince!

Make it so that FAKE HUMANS (actually computer players!) sit there
wanting a game! hahahah!  it would mean that when someone comes
looking for a game, there is always an opponent, so you collect more
board fees!!!  haha!

Just add a little lame bot technology so it makes some comments now
and then (feign non-English speaking to account for limited chatting)

And check this out -- THE COMPUTER WOULD TYPICALLY WIN, so you
collect the actual game bet as well!

Hahahahahah!

:)

sneaky JP