I agree with the "null" option, but I completely disagree with removing the
ability to pay by other units. The *only* gold price ever reported in the
(broadcast) media is *US Dollars per ounce*, and I do all my spends either
in US dollars, ounces, or an appropriate national currency. I *never* use
grams, as I would have to convert back to either ounces, US Dollars or
Australian Dollars to comprehend the value of what I am spending. It is not
an easy mental arithmetic to convert precisely between grams and ounces.
This would not be necessary if the TV reported gold prices in grams, but
they don't.

<SNIP>