> My Apologies to the Egold List and to Canadians. Bullion Coins are
> reportable and confiscatable by the US Government, as gold has been 7
times
> in US history, under Executive Order of the President of the United States
> Franklin Roosevelt, issued April 5th, 1933.
>
> In my haste, (and with Canadian Maple Leafs in mind), I inadvertantly
> mentioned the Canadian Government.

No... That Executive Order was rescinded in 1972. (Thereabouts.) The
Treasury Department now creates new bullion coins and sells them to the
public, and have been doing so since 1986.

Moreover, I believe the order issued in 1933 was the ONLY order in US
history, ever issued, to confiscate gold belonging to private citizens. The
government has suspended gold payments during the Civil War, (I believe),
but they have never confiscated gold before 1933.

Craig