[snip]
> >   If e-gold IS, in fact, HARD money, and he who controls the password owns
> >the contents...why did Omnipay turn funds over to an escrow account when an
[snip]

If I recall correctly multiple people had the password and omnipay once
receiving the funds had multiple orders of where to send the same money.

Omnipay has it's own policies, it is not E-Gold.

If an employee of mine happend to get his hands on my passphrase, they
could send omnipay an order to cut him a check.  If I caught it in time I
could stop that from happening by proving to omnipay that I owned those
funds and the transfer was fraudulent.  That was all that was required in
the case we are discussing.  Show proof of ownership.

The reason the money had to go in escrow is because these folks were
operating a scam and in no way wanted to provide proof of identity.