[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Unfortunately the US government seemed rather scared of this system that
> allowed people to transfer their money easily into a real free market...
>
>  Specifically, I attended the Shorex Offshore Conference in Monaco in 1997
>  when Western Union just launched Quickpay and were keen to promote it to
> the
>  offshore industry. Later they set up offshore banks (including Paritate
>  Bank, Latvia and Swiss American Bank, Antigua) with Quickpay. Subsequently,
>  both these accounts - and Omnipay's I believe - were cancelled by WU,
>  presumably under pressure from Big Brother.

They must be smeggin' *terrified* of e-gold. Infinitely faster than WU,
scales better both up and down, offshore, unreported, and not even based
in the pleasantly controllable dollar economy. Ain't squat Mr Greenspan
can do about the price of gold without actually releasing honest
physical gold into the market.