> I repeat, revealing your a/c # is a huge risk. It gives the hacker half
> of what he needs to access your a/c.

You reveal your bank acct # every time you write a check. Just because I
know where you live doesn't mean I'm half way to breaking into your house.

The security system & locks on your house are exactly analgous to your
e-gold passphrase. The stronger, more secure, & less easy to pick it is
the harder it is for somebody to get inside.

> Your e-gold accounts would be much more secure if you had to
> reveal a Payment # to get paid, and you reveal your a/c # to nobody.

How would this protect you against somebody putting a keyboard sniffing
trojan onto your computer? You have to type in your acct# & passphrase at
somepoint to access your account. It doesn't matter how many different
passwords or acct#s you have, if you somebody can see you typing them it's
all for nothing.

Viking Coder