> I don't see any problem with people knowing my account number per se, but
> agree the e-gold system only offers very basic level security. To get into
> my main online bank account and send money, I need:
>
> 1) A customer login number - not the same as my account number
> 2) A permanent password
> 3) A password requested at random from a list of 25 on a card.
>
> I would fully support a multi-password system like the above for e-gold.
> It's pretty simple to use when you get used to it.

I'm with you there. Before CompuBank went out of business you needed these
things to send a bank wire:

1) A 10-digit number assigned by CompuBank, which was NOT your account
number, and which only the customer knew.

2) A Password of the customer's choosing.

3) A Secret Code, (another Password)

4) A wire code, (another Password)

5) An accurate answer to a random personal question.

It was good.

Craig