Bob wrote:|
| I believe the below is true but not positive:
|
| If you don't have an encrypted window and you type a userID and
| password, I think your keystrokes can be picked up by network sniffers.
|
| If you're typing into a 128 bit SSL encrypted window, sniffers can't
| log your key strokes.

Hi Bob,

Unless there is something wrong with your setup or you have a "Trojan", none
of your keystrokes should ever go out over the network unless you are using
a remote shell application or similar. Internet browsers store all your
keystrokes on your machine and then transmit the data after you click the
"submit" button. Thus it is of no consequence whether the window is
encrypted or not, it is the channel through which the data is transmitted
that must be encrypted.

Sidd.