On Wed, 18 Jul 2001, Kurtis Bangen wrote:

> Has anyone had any dealings with 3pgold?  I wanted to know about
anyone's experience with them before I looked into opening an account.

I know the people who run 3PGold and I consider them of the highest moral
character.  And by the way, there is no cost to open a 3PGold account.
You might as well open an account and learn a little more about how they
operate, all without committing any funds.

> Also, I couldn't find anything about a storage fee for keeping gold with
them.  Does the commission paid to them on buying cover it?  Will they
likely introduce a storage fee when the service becomes more popular, kind
of like how new money market funds waive all expenses to draw clients?

There is no storage fee in their business model.  They also do not have an
underlying storage cost to cover for you, as they would if they stored the
gold with e-gold.

Jon