> But don't let that deter anyone from speaking out against the outrages
> occuring in Australia, the U.S. or anywhere else.

Of course not.

> To rationalize that a
> great outrage here is acceptable because there are far greater outrages
> elsewhere is to fall into the two-wrongs-make-a-right trap.

I didn't say outrages are acceptable. I just had the impression that some
people only thinks in their country's problems, not realizing that they're
living in a place that is MUCH better than many others.

I also have the feeling that many people exaggerate the problems in their
countries to scare off eventual immigrants i.e. "Don't come here! It's
awful", just because they don't like foreigners.