[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> >> Well, why are there
> >>
> >> 0
> >>
> >> businesses that take e-gold?
> >
> >Zero businesses that accept e-gold? I can find a couple of hundred.
>
> Craig mate, I mean "serious" ones.  Rather than "cottage industry"
> ones (like my crap ones, like Banana).
>
> (Thats the perfect illustration ... Amazon, no, jp's crap
> home-cottage Banana that makes $12 a year, yes)

Nothing wrong with "cottage industry" as a stage in the bootstrapping of
e-gold towards broader usefulness.

> >Are you
> >talking about just consumer-merchandise type of businesses? This isn't
> >e-gold's niche because the cost of purchasing something through e-gold
> >involves an exchange fee which is overwhelming. When e-gold becomes more
> >popular, the demand for consumer merchandise will climb, but right now, the
> >chief movers of e-gold will probably be small businesses for business-type
> >payments.
>
> You're saying that e-gold is just not RIGHT for corporate businesses
> at this time, it's only right for cottage-industry businesses ... I
> guess you're right.

It's very useful to big corps as well I suspect - as a cheap and
accessible way to invest in gold. Maybe as a way to move big onceoff
payments. Not as a mass payment tech; there simply isn't the following
yet.