> I want e-gold to remain a currency, plain and simple. I don't want them to
> turn into some sort of ad house/paid-to-read program. Let e-gold ltd. do
> what it does best, be a accounting system for it's private digital
> currency.

I think you're missing the point a little bit. I think what we're suggesting
is that E-Gold, (without changing their current Spend Fuction), implent a
new function which will give businesses the option of spamming the entire
e-gold list of email addresses by PAYING the receivers to receive their
email messages! Certain key points are:

1) Every account holder will be able to set an amount that he will have to
be paid to receive a spam email message, up to, and including very large
values which would effectively eliminate him from receiving ANY messages.

2) Businesses would be able to choose the amount to spend to EACH account to
get their message out.

3) Businesses would be notified, once they chose an amount to spend to each
account, how many account email addresses would be sent a message, and how
much this would cost, and how the accounts were broken down by value.

4) The spends would be categorized as such so that the receivers could
'filter' them out of their account history.

Craig